[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9097: Introduce a new caching framework (backported from FLOW3)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Sep 14 10:52:37 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> please find attached version 2 of the patch that now also features
> searchin entries by tags - have a look at the updated extension on how
> to do this. The updated test extension is also attached.
>
> Also included with this version of the patch is a cache storage backend
> that stores data in $GLOBALS so you can use this for short living but
> often needed data - DB result sets f.e..

The patch looks good as idea to me. But seems to be underscores in the class names. We use only camelCase, no underscores. It was clearly stated when I asked about names like "getList_formatSingleRow()" during the CGL session.

Also changes in index_ts.php to do not follow CGL. So these two issues has to be fixed. Though, as I said, I like the idea. If it is fixed, I may find time to look at it again. But no +1 for now.

Additionally, there is an array in config. This is not what we did so far. I remember someone asking me to do "just like we're all used to" two days ago. Seems like we need to policy on this: do as we always do or allow new ways. There are at least two patches that do not do things "just like we're all used to": yours and mine.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team