[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Sep 14 08:58:16 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Where's the +1 from another core developer?

Hmmmm, I thought I had one. Sorry. I will revert the change.

It is a pity that necessary changes do not get through. I think more and more about forking TYPO3 and adding useful changes there on my own. Currently the whole core team work is very inneffective. Many people (I do not mean you, Ingo!) do not do useful work but simply prevent others from including new and useful changes to TYPO3. I tried to prevent alls to set_no_cache() with a simple but useful and effective way - no go. I tried to enhance AJAX handling in TYPO3 - we get a lot of formal discussions instead of approving it and helping people to write better extensions for TYPO3.

I give up on core team :( I will make my own version of TYPO3 with all my pending patches included when 4.3 is out.

Since there is no +1 on this feature for a long time, I stop working on this feature. I did everything that I could. It will be included into my own release of TYPO3 instead. Fortunately GPL allows me to do this...

Sorry, guys. I am greatly disappointed.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team