[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 12 12:50:13 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> One question - is it possible the other way arround, having USER_INT
>> and switch to USER? Or do you prefer always use USER and switch if
>> needed?
>
> Having USER is usually better. One singe USER_INT makes page loading
> much slower. Therefore I'd love to "force" people to USER and switch to
> _INT only when necessary ;)

Hi Dmitry,

i understand your concern. Nethertheless i would like to have the other
way also. It depends on the concept of a plugin which mode in general is
used. If most actions of plugin needs to be USER_INT it doesn't make
sense to define it as USER and make the conversion very often.

I'm also sure that this method will be used only by advanced devs, so
the educational aims the wrong devs :-)

vg Steffen