[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9109: Enable feature in element browser in rte like in normal one

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Sep 8 23:28:21 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

The original patch by Kasper was setting

$GLOBALS['BE_USER']->addFileMount('', $filePathRelativeToFileadmindir,
$filePathRelativeToFileadmindir, 1, 0);

As you did for your own patch for the RTE case.

However, a zero value for the fifth parameter is undefined. The fifth
parameter defines the type of mount. Possible values are 'user' (meaning
userHomePath), 'group' (meaning groupHomePath) or ''. See
t3lib_userauthgroup.

The type of mount determines the icon that will be used (see
t3lib_foldertree). How the additional filemount finally gets a user
mount icon is a mystery to me. I think it is so by accident.

However, maybe there is an opportunity to define a new type of filemount
  as 'readOnly'. This could be used to set a more meaningful icon and
allow element browsers to check if the filemount is readOnly or not.

Regards,
Stan