[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #9275: TypoScript objects CONTENT and RECORDS do not respect localization of table pages

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Sep 5 11:56:58 CEST 2008

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> No, it's just redundancy so you can do things on both ends of the
>>> relation. If TCEmain has something to with pages_language_overlay it
>>> will now that it is related to pages and vice versa. The point is that
>>> the function works on *one* table so the information hast to be stored
>>> in the TCA of both tables.
>>
>> thx for the explanation. Ok, this makes sense. I would like to have
>> changed the comment here in the patch to be more clear like "pass thru
>> if table is foreign translation table" or something like that.
>
> thanks for your feedback. I changed the comment before that "elseif"
> condition in the attached patch. Please tell me whether you think the
> explanation is sufficient now.

Looks ok by reading. I think for pages a simple merging of arrays is
enough, but there are TCA features like mergeIfNotBlank that require a
manual merging process.

But it's ok for me if you add a TODO note into the code and perhaps file
a bug. I don't think anyone uses the two table approach *.

Masi

* I did once, but it's cumbersome to use for editors as the BE modules
(mainly Web>List) do not support this translation style.