[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9281: Add a method to easily do a HTTP redirect

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Sep 4 09:33:33 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!

>>> Yeah, we also thought of having a "header_sent()" call before that
>>> (we could then even throw an exception or error), however I think
>>> this handling should be left to the developers.
>>>

>> imho not important. Dev who use that should take care of.
>
> There is no point in common function than. Developers could take care of
> redirect themselves...

So, you are for clearing the buffer? Me too. It's just a line in the
function, is no real overhead and takes away some wories of the devs.
Mind, that while the Core might not use buffers, some extension might
do, so the caller (in another extension) has maybe no idea that they are
in use at all.

Masi