[TYPO3-core] RFC #9282: Allow subkeys for TypoScript "config." array

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Sep 3 18:50:30 CEST 2008

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk, possibly 4.2

Type: bug (some might call it a feature)

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9282

Problem:
As this issue came up in the recent discussion about the simulate static
typo3, I wrote the supersimple patch for it.

The config. parts in TypoScript from the page-specific config. (e.g.
page.config...) and the generic config part are merged together when a
page is generated.

However, it is not possible to have subkeys in there:
config.myoption = 1
config.myoption.param1 = foo
page.config.myoption.param2 = bar

In the core right now, param1 will be removed when it is merged and so
it's unaccessible. This is because the merge is not done in a recursive way.

Solution:
The attached patch fixes this issue and allows the above examples.

Notes:
I don't plan on commiting this to 4.2 (as I only need it for 4.3 right
now), but if someone has a good use-case for it in 4.2, I wouldn't see a
problem in commiting the patch to 4.2 as well.

--
All the best,
benni.