[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #8668: Configurable labels for formatblock items in htmlArea RTE

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Sep 2 09:29:34 CEST 2008

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> FYI: The attached SVN patch was committed.
>
> Type:
> Feature
>
> Problem:
> In htmlArea RTE, it is currently not possible to change the labels
> (Paragraph, Heading 1 and so fourth) of the formatblock drop down. It
> would be nice to have this possibility through PageTSConfig.
>
> Solution:
> Add configuration option:
> RTE.default.buttons.formatblock.items.[item-name].label
> The value is a string, which may be a reference to an entry in a
> localization file of the form LLL:EXT:[fileref]:[labelkey]
> Manual is also updated.
>
> Note:
> Thanks to Andreas Wagner for posting his patch into the bugtracker.

Thanks!

BTW, this applies to all RTE labels but also to other BE labels
configurable by page TS. Having the LLL: option is fine but I think this
is cumbersome. What do you think of the idea that all page TS label
definition also support attributes with the BE language as key (like the
lang attribute of stdWrap). So you can use only one definition
record/file and do not have to create an extension.

Masi