[TYPO3-core] RFC: Issue #2714: In RTE htmlArea, unable to do an internal link with several parameters

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Sep 1 23:47:31 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

>> Problem:
>> A long standing issue...
>
> What problem? Please be more descriptive...

The problem was that when entering an internal link in the RTE, there
was no way for the editor to add any query string to the url. If the
link was entered as an external link, the domain would be recognized and
the link would be parsed as an internal link, which would fail and
result in an error being displayed in the RTE.

The original source of the problem was that TYPO3 <link> tags could not
include any query string. This was solved by Michael Stucki on the FE
during development of 4.2.0, but support of the new feature in the RTE
could not be included before feature freeze. See
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2019 and
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/typo3v4-core/3344

So this patch added the field in the link insertion dialogue and
modified the RTE transformation in order to use the new convention for
adding a query string to the link tag. url parsing by
class.browse_links.php was also modified.

>> Solution:
>> A new field on the page tab of the link insertion dialogue allows to
>> enter query parameters. This must be enabled in Page TSConfig with the
>> following setting:
>> RTE.default.buttons.link.queryParametersSelector.enabled = 1
>
> why do I have to enable this manually? Wouldn't it be ok to have it by
> default and disable it if I don't want it?

Perhaps it would be ok. I did it this way because I thought it was not a
feature that most editors would need (I hope so because it has been
absent for such a long time!), just like the field that allows an editor
to enter a page id instead of using the page tree. But it could of
course be the other way around.

Regards,
Stan