[TYPO3-core] RFC #8232: Creating and editing of fields, forms, etc. in FCE's is impossible if there is a section inside

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Sep 1 21:15:41 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Rewriting TCEforms is risky because it is complex. It may end up in an
> incomplete or faulty implementation. If you take the risk - fine.
> simulateStatic is nothing compared to TCEforms. All your three mentioned
> things are nothing compared to TCEforms. TCEforms and TCEmain are two
> most complex pieces of code in TYPO3. They should be handled with great
> care.

Well, the new backend in 4.2 was complex, too. I think we could do it
with a similar approach. Commit an initial -mostly working- version and
then get test results through trunk, and alpha users. Errors can be
found easily this way and we end up with some continuos testing and
development...

However I agree, that large tasks like this should be announced somewhere...

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner