[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #8189 Links to Mount Pages (Substitute Mount Point) that cross domains/sites are broken by Typolink

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Oct 31 22:48:06 CET 2008

Hi,

> Problem:
> If you link to page which mount's a page in another site and the initial
> page has "Substitute Mount Point" set then the link is created with host
> information from the domain record(s) of the mounted page. Since the
> mount point information points to information in the original site you
> get an error as the original location can't be determined.
>
> Solution:
> Do not replace the domain for links to mount pages

I may have misunderstood something here, but the patch didn't solve the
problem for me.

Here's what I attempted. I created 2 sites in the same TYPO3 install,
let's call them A and B. Both have the following config:

config.typolinkCheckRootline = 1
config.typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains = 1

Inside site B, I created inside a content element:

1) a link to a page on site A => works fine
2) a link to a mount point on site A, which doesn't substitute the page
=> works fine
2) a link to a mount point on site A, which substitutes the page =>
doesn't work

When I say "works fine" I mean that the link is prepended with the
correct domain name (A in this case) so clicking on the link leads to
the expected page.

Not working on the other hand means that no domain is prepended, so the
link stays in domain B and clicking on it leads to a tree root error.

Did I do something wrong maybe?

--

Francois Suter