[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed a cache framework issue

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Oct 31 12:01:30 CET 2008

Hi Martin.

On 31.10.2008, at 11:20, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Yes. But keep in mind that once, we ship a final release it's hard if
> not impossible to rename/refactor stuff.

Well, that's why I ask now. In the case of "not shared with 4.x" I
would just adjust FLOW3, but, hey, we decided to be one team (again) ;)

> Also renaming things means more extra work for the 4x team as we
> don't have unit tests.

There were unit tests for the caching framework to begin with. And I
think this one is currently used in a small number of places, so it's
(still) fairly easy.

> So I would ask not to rename often and nor unless there is a good
> reason.

I think there is a good reason to do this one now, and if not now,
it's probably never - reality finally caught us in FLOW3-land... :)

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns