[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Oct 30 16:16:28 CET 2008

Oliver Hader schrieb:

>>> * naming issue of $available in tx_openid_sv1::init() (e.g.
>>> $serviceAvailable)
>> Incredibly dull. The meaning of $available in the context of init() is
>> perfectly clear and it's even a private variable of a small function. I
>> understand now very well why Dmitry go upset with threads like that.
>>
>> I will not add this to a todo list.
>
> I just summarized the open questions and things that haven't been
> answered before. Masi, you are professional enough to distinguish
> between necessary and incidental things - there's no need to get
> impolite, is it?

It was late, I was tired. Maybe I shouldn't written it in that way.
Nevertheless I think it's a waste of time to make a TODO entry for the
naming of a single private variable. Those who care about such petty
details can make their own lists. Of course I do care about names in
general: they should follow the guidelines and naming schemes and be
reasonable. The one in question was good enough for me. Holding up a
huge patch because of it is annoying.

Masi