[TYPO3-core] RFC #9615: Move frontend editing to a system extension

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 23 23:20:19 CEST 2008

Jeff Segars wrote: on 22.10.2008 05:25:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9615
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem:
> As a first step toward improved frontend editing in TYPO3 4.3, we should
> refactor the existing frontend editing into a separate controller and
> view with the view living in a new system extension.
>
> At a later date, we'll add a new extension with the necessary view code
> for the improved frontend editing.
>
> Solution:
> The only parts that should actually move to this system extension are
> the "view" code from t3lib_tsfebeuserauth and tslib_cObject code for
> drawing edit panels and edit icons. The remaining "controller" code from
> t3lib_tsfebeuserauth can be refactored into a standalone controller for
> frontend editing that remains in the core.

Jeff, this is not really a review, because I have just skimmed over your
code. This is just to give you my first "thumbs up", because the
FE-editing is/was a very "ugly" area that needs urgent cleanup to be
refactorable.

So: nice work and if I find the time next week I will take a deeper look
so that we can get that stuff included in the core, I would appreciate
it a lot!

Cheers,
Ernesto