[TYPO3-core] RFC #5203: Feature: Implement fileoperation permission configuration from be_groups

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Oct 23 18:05:12 CEST 2008

Hi.

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Christian Kuhn schrieb:
>> Christian Kuhn wrote:
>>> Default group permissions is 0.
>> That is actually not true in current patch: 'default' => '7' for new
>> groups. Whats the opinion here? Should new groups get general+unzip+dir
>> rights or nothing per default?
>
> I think it is more backwards compatible if groups get no rights per default.
>
> Or we change it so that 0 is default for users and 7 the default for
> groups. This will move the general settings more towards a group-based
> settings.

Attached a new patch:
- As discussed with Stucki and Masi the database defaults for both users
and groups file permissions are 0, the default TCA permissions for new
records moved from users to groups (new users get 0 instead of 7 and new
groups get 7 by default).
- Added an entry in NEWS.txt to document above change.
- Fixed a missing comma in TCA['be_groups']['types']['0'].

Cheers
Christian