[TYPO3-core] RFC #8636: Hardcoded labels in Configuration-module

Christopher Christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Wed Oct 22 19:34:24 CEST 2008

Hi Jeff!

"Jeff Segars" <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1224690570.18772.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> * For the "beUser" label, its probably better to remove the dash and have
> "User settings" instead of "User-settings".
Done.

> * For the items in the dropdown menu (ex. $TYPO3_CONF_VARS (Global
> configuration)), I would say that only the part inside the parenthesis
> should be localized.  $TYPO3_CONF_VARS is a variable name so I don't think
> we'll want to translate that.

> * For the "copyPaste" label, should we just localize the actual message
> and not the parenthesis that surround the message?

I do not know, if the composition of the texts will really be exactly the
same in *every* language. If it is the same, OK; copying the words won't
hurt. But it would look really ugly, if it would not fit because of a part
we leave hardcoded.

> Thanks Christopher.  +1 based on reading and testing.
>
> I do have some very minor comments that may be nice to add.  +1 either
> way, but I think this would make the patch a little cleaner.

If it is OK for you, we are ready to commit here. :-)

Christopher