[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8787: titles length in list module

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Oct 22 15:30:21 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey Stefano,
>
> in the code, you get rid of $this->fixedL -- is it used somewhere else
> in the core or could we get rid of this varialble completely in this class?
>
> Could you check real quick?
>
> apart from that: +1 from reading.

i see it used also in typo3/class.browse_links.php and other xclass to it (htmlarea etc..)

maybe we could manage it like in typo3/class.file_list.inc
where we set (at the start):

$this->fixedL = max($this->fixedL, $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->uc['titleLen']);

this way $this->fixedL would be inherited by all xclasses...
what do you think?