[TYPO3-core] RFC #9284: Feature: set $GLOBALS['TSFE']->cacheExpires

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Mon Oct 20 21:25:54 CEST 2008

Hi Michael

>> We discussed this issue, i learned a lot (thanks for that).
>>
>> I decided to remove the hook and the sql-query, so only the following
>> lines are needed.
>
> This is a much nicer approach and actually it's the way I want it to be.
> However, it still seems incomplete to me. Currently the global variable
> can be overwritten by every extension, and everyone whould have to
> compare the timestamp on its own.

> However, the logic should be private to extensions. It should be set by
> a public method that is called for every object, calculates the lowest
> timeout-value, and sets it accordingly.

so i should add this function to class.tslib_fe.php too?
(Whats about the naming?)

function setPageCacheExpiresTimestamp($timestamp) {
        if ($timestamp != 0 && $timestamp < $this->cacheExpires) {
                $this->cacheExpires = $timestamp;
        }
}

and if that would be the right way, how would it be documented?

thanks,
martin