[TYPO3-core] RFC #9284: Feature: set $GLOBALS['TSFE']->cacheExpires

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Oct 20 10:31:36 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

sorry I just overlooked this mail before I answered to your other patch.

> We discussed this issue, i learned a lot (thanks for that).
>
> I decided to remove the hook and the sql-query, so only the following lines
> are needed.

This is a much nicer approach and actually it's the way I want it to be.
However, it still seems incomplete to me. Currently the global variable
can be overwritten by every extension, and everyone whould have to
compare the timestamp on its own.

However, the logic should be private to extensions. It should be set by
a public method that is called for every object, calculates the lowest
timeout-value, and sets it accordingly.

> so every extension author has the possibility to write an solution for his
> extension and i will start searching for an solution for tt_content:)

See my proposal in my other mail.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out