[TYPO3-core] RFC #9553: Bug: Form validation script jsfunc.validateform.js sometimes fails in IE

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 17 17:21:58 CEST 2008

Hi!

Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
> Yes, I think it is good way and IMHO it should be configurable from
> content element and in FORM cObj - choosing client side processing,
> server side processing or both should be used.

Server side processing must be always used. Client side is an addition, it can be switched off. But server side cannot and must not be switched off. This is security measure. It is possible to send form data using even telnet. If there is no server side checks, there is a big security risk for the system.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team