[TYPO3-core] REMINDER RFC #8130: Bug: addService() working with open_basedir and symlink

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Oct 17 10:52:12 CEST 2008

Hi!

> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Reminder #>=3 (I do not have the first reminder(s) anymore)
>
> The patch becomes obsolete if clean up to t3lib_exec is committed.
> t3lib_exec::_fixPath() will become protected, so it cannot be accessed.

For sure ;-)

> However take a look to that thread. I think I solved this problem in
> other way.

I don't think so, the problem still remains as is_executable does not
stick to the given directory:

$ ls -l /var/www/typo3-exec
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2007-09-04 08:47 convert -> /usr/bin/convert

With open_basedir listing /var/www/typo3-exec, the different exec
functions of PHP let you use /var/www/typo3-exec/convert happily but if
you try to check whether you may run the command, namely using
is_executable, then the symbolic link is first resolved to
/usr/bin/convert, then a warning is thrown that open_basedir
restrictions are activated and that /usr/bin is not within the allowed
path(s) and finally is_executable returns FALSE!

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html