[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9575: use native filter_functions for validate and sanitize

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Oct 16 19:55:04 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

>> To some it up for john.doe at 127.0.0.1:
>>
>> before patch: invalid
>> after patch: valid

which I think is not a problem, it's rather a fixed bug. Because of this
I'd also say that there shouldn't be a switch.

Also as Masi mentioned already, I recommend to not add the URL methods
here and now, especially when considering a split up of t3lib_div. Other
than that pure wrappers don't make sense/look good to me.

Other than that, the patch looks good, the things mentioned need to be
resolved for the +1

best
Ingo

--