[TYPO3-core] RFC #9553: Bug: Form validation script jsfunc.validateform.js sometimes fails in IE

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Wed Oct 15 01:32:42 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Vladimir Podkovanov schrieb:
>> This is an SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9553
>>
>> Branches: TYPO3_4-1, TYPO3_4-2, trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> Script jsfunc.validateform.js uses variable "a" in function split()
>> without declaration. And if html page has an element with id="a" it
>> causes script error then as IE thinks that "a" is an object.
>>
>> Solution:
>> To fix it variable should be declared: "var a;"
>
> There are more local variables not declared with "var". Are there no
> problems with them?
>
> Masi

Yes, you are right, I firstly encountered it with "a" variable and did
not checked others. Now I've cheked all of them and found few other vars
affected too. If there is a <div> with such id name then js error will
be casted as IE confuses it with document objects. So I have fixed these
vars too and here is updated patch.

Vladimir