[TYPO3-core] RFC #9523: class.t3lib_htmlmail.php produces null headers in HTML messages

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 9 12:59:52 CEST 2008

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: 4.2
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9523
>
> Problem:
>
> When sending a multi-part message in MIME format, the 4.2.2 version of
> class.t3lib_htmlmail.php outputs an additional semicolon on the
> Content-Type header definition which is interpreted as a violation by
> antispam solutions such as MailScanner as it detects a null header. This
> leads to the message being quarantined.
>
> Solution:
>
> Revert to valid behaviour of 4.2.1 with attached patch.

No go :( This will still make invalid MIME. According to the [1] semicolon is possible only if parameters follow. I propose a different solution (attached). This would be correct also from logical point of view because function named getHTMLContentType() should return content type, not a composite text.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/4_Content-Type.html

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team