[TYPO3-core] RFC #9523: class.t3lib_htmlmail.php produces null headers in HTML messages

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Oct 9 11:28:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> Solution:
>>
>> Revert to valid behaviour of 4.2.1 with attached patch.
>
> The fix seems pretty obvious, but the extra semi-colon was introduced in
> revision 3937, that fixed bug #8255: Problems with PHP mail function on
> Windows. The final patch was reviewed and updated by Dmitry. It would be
> interesting to have his opinion about this semi-colon problem. Will
> removing it "unfix" bug #8255?

OK. That's pretty strange because the method getHTMLContenttype, a few
lines above already outputs this semicolon. This is not part of the
specification of email and MailScanner detects it as the null
MIME-boundary vulnerability that try to bypass spam and virus detection
systems. As such it generates a "can't analyse message" error and
quarantine it.

I really do not understand why this extra semicolon might be useful on
Windows, this does not make sense except if the mail() function is
broken there.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en