[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Oct 7 15:08:31 CEST 2008

Hi!

>> The extension cannot be installed in a website not located at root of
>> the host:
>>
>> http://www.domain.tld/somewebsite/
>>
>> where somewebsite is the actual root of the TYPO3 install.
>
> Yes, this was intentional at the time of writing. I did not have a
> chance to test non–root install and delibirately decided on the '/'. I
> am not sure this should be changed now. Possibly it can be a requirement
> to use OpenID: root install.

I think this should be updated too, I really need it and the snippet of
patch I sent fixes nearly the whole stuff, we just should understand why
the final redirect is done to the host instead of the subdirectory but
the authentication is OK. I really think it would be worth committing a
working sysext and not a restrictive one that will have to be patched later.

In all cases, nobody from core seems to have time yet to give the final
+1 thus why not improving it? :-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html