[TYPO3-core] RFC #9505: Make the caches in TYPO3 use the new caching framework

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Oct 7 12:45:37 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> this is a really huge one for reviewing,

oh yeah, it is =)

> so can you give some notes how
> to test?

basically there's not much to specifically to test I think. Everything
cache related should behave just like before. What you can do however,
you can play around with the settings in config_default.php, e.g.
switching some caches to different backends or so.

> What's about performance, did you ran performance tests also comparing
> old/new one?

I haven't, sorry. But I think Dmitry tested his memcached implementation
and reported some -  at least felt - faster responses.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner