[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9851: Bug: LICENSE.txt refers to a non-existing webpage on typo3.org

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:17:46 CET 2008

Hi!

Marcus Krause wrote:
> what about the content?
>
> http://typo3.org/about/licenses/
> vs.
> http://www.typo3.com/License.1625.0.html

The second one uses simulateStatic, which was dropped on typo3.org
years ago. While RealURL is set to be compatible with simulateStatic
on typo3.org, it is bad for SEO to have different URLs with the same
content. There should be one address and redirects.

I see no problems with the first one either. If it is moved to other
place, we can setup a proper redirect to a new place. Microsoft does
it all the time, they keep lots of redirects and they are right
about it ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support