[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9836: Bug: RTE TSconfig lost when uploading files or creating folders

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Nov 28 10:09:33 CET 2008

Hi,

> It looks like a nobrainer, but actually I don't understand what the
> problem is. What does "TSconfig is lost" mean in that context?

I wasn't clear enough, then. Sorry.

The RTE comes with a log TSconfig options. There's a default one and
then you generally have your own, which you set up as site admin. To
find the proper TSconfig, the RTE keeps track of where it has been
called from. This is passed in GET/POST parameter "RTEtsConfigParams".

When uploading a file or creating a folder, this parameter gets lost.
What happens in this case is that the RTE first calls on TCE to store
the file or create the folder. TCE then redirects to the URL that was
given to it be the RTE. This redirection URL does not currently contain
the "RTEtsConfigParams" param. Hence the RTE can't find the proper
TSconfig and reverts to the default one.

My patch just adds this parameter to the redirection URL so that the RTE
can find the proper configuration again.

It was a bit tricky to track down, but it's indeed pretty much a no-brainer.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter