[TYPO3-core] FYI72: bug #9645: Memcached backend is not working properly

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 27 21:31:16 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> experiment tomorrow. I feel that HTTP_HOST is more safe though.

I don't trust HTTP_HOST as a page may be reached via multiple domains.

I recently had a case where one specific product page had a special
domain for marketing pruposes, but can of course be reached by the
standard domain. Yes, they could have done this with a webserver
redirect, but they chose to use a "legal" TYPO3 feature to do this.

Forcing CLIs to set the environment variable HTTP_HOST doesn't sound
like a clean solution to me.

Masi