[TYPO3-core] FYI72: bug #9645: Memcached backend is not working properly

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 27 20:44:45 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> PATH_site will have problems if you have, for example, typo3.com and
> typo3.org in one installation.

That's what I don't understand. Why do I need two caches in memory? The
"traditional" DB cache was also shared between all domains.

>>> Also SCRIPT_PATH is dropped
>>> because it will not allow to clear cache from BE.
>> Why? Same as above?
>
> Because for FE it is /path/to/site/index.php and in BE it is
> /path/to/site/typo3/something/else/file.php, thus cache cannot be
> cleared because prefix is different for FE and BE. This is not a
> problem for FLOW3, where SCRIPT_PATH is always the same.

I see.

>> As this is a FLOW3 backport I would appreciate if any changes made to
>> the caching framework are done in a coordinated manner. It's great that
>> you've made this finally run, but please wait with the commit until one
>> of the FLOW3 team had the chance to review the patch.
>
> Ok but they have different architecture and therefore some of our
> changes (like SCRIPT_PATH) are irrelevant/useless to them. If they
> don't review the patch, we will have to drop memcached backend from
> 4.3 completely. We can't ship a piece of code that does not work at
> all...

Don't be so rash. I only asked for a little time so that the other team
may make some comments. But if course, I didn't know if the changes are
relevant for FLOW3. But as you've removed the site prefix you have at
least changed the API a bit.

Masi