[TYPO3-core] RFC: #undefined: Turn the workspace selector into a drop down toolbar item menu

Tobias Liebig liebig at networkteam.com
Fri Nov 21 17:09:51 CET 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:
 > Tobias Liebig wrote:
 >> But changing the state of "Frontend Preview" seems not to work in all
 >> cases. Sometime it just didn't change the behaviour. I will spent some
 >> deeper testing on it later
 >
 > it should work fine as it's doing the same thing as it did before
 > (calling the same methods).

The old/current behaviour (without you patch) is:
  - i'm in the draft WS
  - Frontend-Preview is OFF
  - i'm clicking on the small magnifier (e.g. in the page module) and
the FE opens up
  - in the frontend the "Previe and Compare" scrren appears
  - i turn Frontend-Preview ON
  - > the backend reloads
  - go to the page modul choosing the page and click again on the magnifier
  - Now i get a frontend preview with the fat red notice "Preview of
workspace "Default Draft Workspace""

so far..
After allying your path it works like this:

  - i'm in the draft WS / Frontend-Preview is OFF
  - i'm clicking on the small magnifier and the "Preview and Compare"
screen comes up
  - i turn Frontend-Preview ON
  - > the backend does NOT reload
  - but if i click again on the magnifier it does NOT open the
FrontendPreview as expected, but just the "Preview and Compare" i
already got before
  - and now, if i choose another page (which is technicly like reloading
the frame) and click the magnifier it results in the expected Frontend
preview.

So i thick if switching Frontend preview on/off the frameset should be
reloaded (like when i switch between workspaces)
Should not be a hard to implement.

 > This setting of course only affects the FE,
 > so you should go and reload the FE after turning FE preview on/off.

just reloading the FE does not solve this problem as the links/urls in
the backend have changed.

regards
   tobias