[TYPO3-core] RFC #9682: Feature: Workspace should use DB mount of BE user/group

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 20 21:22:27 CET 2008

Jonas Dübi schrieb:
> Hi Martin
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Why? If the WS uses the site root as mount any user with rights to it,
>> will get only their DB mounts.
>
> That's not the case within the workspace. If the WS uses the page root,
> the user will see nothing when switching to the WS. Of course in the
> live version, the user only sees his db mounts, but not in WS.

But why do you mount the page root ? I don't think that Kasper designed
it for that. Simply use the *site* root (or all site roots in a
multi-domain setup).

If you choose ANY other page then page root everything works correctly.
the only big I see is that you may choose the page root for a web/db
mount. This shouldn't be possible for workspaces, user and user groups.

Masi