[TYPO3-core] text/img and img elements with css-class?

grac at gmx.ch grac at gmx.ch
Wed Nov 19 11:26:49 CET 2008

hello

during a intensive discussion about DAM ignoring images which are set in a
TEMLPLAVOILA and FCE structure, when included in a text element, someone
proposed to ask my question here in the core team.

for being able to realise an elastic layout one needs not only to work
(via CSS) with % in text, but also with img.
so there is the need to give the images a special CSS class (width=xx%).

this is in my view only possible if one inserts the images in a
text-element.
until now i gave every img a class by hand in the html-editor.

but this procedure has several con's, of course:
- manually edit the html-code of every img-tag
- no caption
- etc.

is there a possibility to integrate a field "CSS class" into the
content-elements text/img and img?

or is such a thing not planned for these two elements?
are img in typo3 only supposed to have a width in px?

thanks a lot for your answer

stephan