[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Nov 17 08:57:37 CET 2008

> At the moment it is not possible to use the spaceBefore and spaceAfter
> fields with anything but a clear.gif.

That's wrong - with some custom TS you can do a far better
implementation of additional space then with simply replacing the
clear.gif with a clear-div. Although replacing the clear.gif with
something semantically more correct is warmly welcome.

I don't see a real improvement by simply replacing the spacer image by a
useless spacer div. It it ok for the regular usage in stdWrap - but for
the default tt_content rendering there are better ways to do.

For tt_content rendering it would be far better to get rid of the
prepending anchor and the prepended/appended spacers as well as the
wrapping div when using a section frame. This can be all done with 1
single div around the CE - which in my eyes would be the way to go if
something is going to be changed in the default rendering settings of CSC.

I f.e. use this TS in all of my installations:
----------
# first disable the ugly default spacer stuff
> tt_content {
>   stdWrap {
> 	spaceBefore >
> 	spaceAfter >
> 	space >
> 	dataWrap >
>   }
> }

# then wrap the whole CE with one single div defining everything needed

Just for some inspiration.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch