[TYPO3-core] RFC #9284: Feature: tt_content.starttime/endtime have now effect on caching

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2008 at martinholtz.de
Fri Nov 14 15:55:16 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

>>> we do, but if you read through the thread there're some more complicated
>>> issues invloved here...
>> but the patch as it is now, is not really complicated anymore.
>
> Oh, this is it? I had the strange feeling that there must be more stuff
> involved. And I think it is. Because the last patch only adds a way for
> plugins to change the caching time, but where is the code that covers
> the original problem, ie taking into account the start/end-times of
> tt_content records?
yep, to solve the problem for the tt_content records, there will be much
more to do. But there is no clear strategie for now (but some good ideas
and hints with different drawbacks).

So at this moment we could provide an solution for extensions - and we
have the base for tt_content which we will need anyway.

After that i would like to have an extension which covers 80% for now -
and then i could test some different ways to find an good strategie
(well, someone else could do so too) which covers perhaps 100% - if
possible. And if that is possible, we could integrate that into core.
But without this patch, it would not be possible to write such an extension.

i am wrong?

martin