[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9793: No way to hook into the publish process for a workspace

Erik Frister efrister at web-factory.de
Fri Nov 14 10:56:45 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: New feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9793

Branches:
TYPO3_4-2 & trunk

Problem:
There is currently no way that we can hook into the version swap method
for a given record in the tcemain.php. This is needed for the next
commerce release; so that when a record is published (switched into the
LIVE Workspace) we can also publish related records that would otherwise
stay connected to the old version.

Example use:
A product is to be published; the product record has related attributes
which refer to the product uid. Without the hook, when the product is
published, the attributes are not informed of the version swap and still
refer to the (now) offline version of the record.

Solution:
Implemented a hook in the version_swap method of the tcemain.