[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #9771: htmlArea RTE: spellchecker not working in TYPO3 4.3-dev

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Nov 12 06:21:36 CET 2008

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> Ingo Renner a écrit :
>> Stanislas Rolland wrote:
>>
>>> Problem:
>>> The spell checker script fails because of missing initialization of
>>> the new caching system.
>>
>> I'm just curious, but what does the spell checker have to do with the
>> caching?
>>
> Nothing at all. But in order to make it available both in the BE and FE,
> it uses a simplified version of cms/tslib/index_ts.
>
> Stanislas

At the risk of sidetracking this discussion, it *might* make sense to
move this simplified version of cms/tslib/index_ts elsewhere.

We're doing similar things in our frontend editing project to render
individual content elements via AJAX.  No need to worry about it right
this second, but might be beneficial in the future.