[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #9539: More flexible editpanel permission

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Tue Nov 11 17:33:43 CET 2008

Hi Jeff,

Am 11.11.2008 16:59 schrieb Jeff Segars:
> Ralf Hettinger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> attached a patch for the described functionality after fe editing moved
>> to separate sysext fe_edit
>>
>> Ralf

>>> Hey Ralf,
>>> Just wanted to let you know that the frontend editing patch is now
>>> committed.  The edit panels are rendered in
>>> typo3/sysext/fe_edit/view/class.tx_feedit_editpanel.php now, so the
>>> patch would change slightly.
>>>
>>> I can try to update it sometime in the next few days, but if you have a
>>> chance earlier, I'll certainly give it a review.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Jeff
>>

> Ralf,
> From a quick read, it looks good so I'll look in more detail and test
> later on today.
>
> I can see the issue with using the PID that the record lives on rather
> than the current page, but what's the scenario where you'd want to give
> an arbitrary PID for the permissions check?

Admittedly, I for myself do not need this option, but thought it could
be handy when e.g. dealing with mount points...

However - if you or others feel that this would offer too much
flexibility or might bear potential to end up in broken permissions,
feel free to remove the relevant parts. I would think it wouldn't
necessarily - and if it does, is rather a problem of misconfiguration
than of the core's design.

Thanks
Ralf