[TYPO3-core] RFC #9505: Make the caches in TYPO3 use the new caching framework

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Nov 6 20:35:21 CET 2008

Oliver Hader wrote:

Hey Olly,

> Now we have some alternatives:
> 1) Using new tables names - any suggestions for the names? (think about
> "alt_main_new" before ;) )

the table names seem perfectly fine to me

> 3) Extending the installer to handler the key/autoincrement issues
> correctly in a generic way

Stucki told me he wants to this, maybe you want to talk to him...

> I would like to see this fixed in the first alpha of TYPO3 4.3...

Well, it's an alpha so people can not expect from it to behave like the
final. I think if we ship an alpha with that small problem that's not a
big deal as long as we provide good instructions on how to solve this.

However, I would agree that we need this with the first beta at the latest.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner