[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9415 - "Do" Dropdown in Workspace module doesn't respect users rights

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Nov 2 13:26:38 CET 2008

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9415

Branches: Trunk, 4.2

Problem:
The new "do" dropdown in the workspace module doesn't respect the users
rights and is therefor always showing all options - which is quite
confusing for editors. Second thing is that it's not localized.

Solution:
Implement access checks in the code that is rendering the dropdown
options and localize it's labels.

Status of provided patch:
I've started recoding this and now the dropdown is only showing the
options the current user is allowed for. I also started localizing it -
but some needed language labels where not present in locallang core
files and I didn't know what the best way would be to add the needed
ones - so localizing still needs to be taken care of after applying the
patch.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch