[TYPO3-core] REMINDER: RFC: garbage characters displayed in flexforms (#4085, #4813)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Nov 1 12:09:46 CET 2008

Hi,

> i tested now, first using Latin (for sure with my name :-) ):
> the string is converted to СϨе ...
> This is shown in Flexform (HSC), correct in page module.
>
> switchin to utf-8 it's displayed correct.

Hmm, if it's working with UTF-8, is there really a bug here? You cannot
expect Cyrillic characters to display properly in Latin whatever
conversion efforts we make. Just like for Chinese or Japanese, you will
need to set a special encoding. Or is there some misunderstanding?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter