[TYPO3-core] RFC: 8561 Checkboxes and labels are aligned badly if in one line

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sat Nov 1 09:55:53 CET 2008

Hi folks,

attached you find a new version of the patch for 4.2 only. It is a CSS
only solution tested with IE6, IE7, FF2, FF3 and Opera 9.62.

As IE 6 does ignore classes that can be found in a context selector but
does accept a selector for two classes and two classes overrules an
attribute selector, the alignToInputText can be solved with a
input.checkbox.alignToInputText.
A remaining problem was that for the normal checkboxes there was no
margin right in IE6 because it was set to 0 in typo3-TCEforms.css.

As far as I understand what has been discussed here for 4.3 we want a
better solution consisting of the following parts:
- No more classes in html for browsers that do understand attribute
selectors.
- For IE6 the classes we have now will be added by a htc file
- The necessary css code will go into ie6.css.
- Someone will take care that the hct file and the ie6.css will be
loaded everywhere where it is needed as this is not the case currently.

If that is correct can we then move all the form stuff into one file?
And then into which one? The current situation is confusing somehow ...

Prosit, Uschi