[TYPO3-core] RFC: 8561 Checkboxes and labels are aligned badly if in one line

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat May 31 18:35:44 CEST 2008

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> Hey Uschi,
>>
>> you're using selectors - what about IE6?
>
> Well, it was not exactly me who introduced the attribute selector, but i
> think it is a good idea, because this way you do not need to clutter up
> your code with class="checkbox" for the good browsers. For IE6 this
> class is necessary, but it is not (always) set.

This can be easily done by a "behaviours". I could write one that adds
the type of each input element as additional class. There is only one
drawback: IE6 ignores the *complete* rule when it encounters an
attribute selector. So this won't work:

input[type="checkbox"], input.checkbox {...}

You have either to duplicate the rule or to use DOM manipulation for all
browsers.

Masi