[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8522 Problems with PHP mail function on Windows

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 30 09:34:28 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Where is this fix? I see that you simply remove the filename part of
>> the Content-Type header. We have a different patch that adds the
>> missing semi colon.
>
> Content-type header does not allow file name. So it is removed.

This is what your newsreder sent:

You may add quite a long list off semi colon separated custom parameters
to the Content-Type header (according to the RFC). As long as we make
sure we have a semi colon at the right place everything's fine. I
suggest we use the style as seen in this snippet for maximum
compatibility. I've been composing mails for a long time that way and
never had troubles with it.

>> And I'm a bit worried that by making the broken Gmail mail server
>> happy, we break other servers by sending LF instead of CR/LF. Or where
>> does the thing break? Because it's not only about headers, but all
>> lines that have to have a CR/LF as line ending.
>
> Mail servers perfectly fine with just LF. At least PostFix, Exim and
> Exchange do.
>
> If you want to ignore GMail, I cannot agree to it. It is becoming too
> popular to ignore it.

I hope you're right.

BTW, do you send directly to Gmail or is it just that their receiving
server chokes? In theory the first server should normalize the whole
mail to CR/LF. Just curious.

Anyway, we could make i configurable later on if other servers have
problems with the new setting.

Masi