[TYPO3-core] RFC #8542: Cannot create page with Mysl in strict mode (STRICT_TRANS_TABLES)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu May 29 16:30:59 CEST 2008

Hi Masi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> What about unsetting empty values in TCEmain? Leave it to MySQL to
>> decide what to put by default.
>
> Hm, probably possible, but not logical. Because some value has to be set
> when you safe a TCE form that has been displayed. The error occurs when
> you want eg to save a new page. Then the incoming value is an empty
> string (because the field has been displayed) and not a 0 *. Also I'm
> not happy with unsetting values in the middle of the processing.

I think it is perfectly ok to unset it. It means it will not go to database, that's all. Now we send '', which is plain wrong in many cases. Sending '0' is wrong for varchar fields. And we cannot guess what we truly should send because docs do not say when int or varchar is used. So unsetting value (as if it is not provided) looks most logical to me. In fact, it is not provided by user! So should not be set in db call. What do you think?

> If "maxitems" = 1 and "prepend_tname" = 0 requires an integer, TYPO3
> should use one. No need to rely on DB defaults.

Well, it does not requires it. That's the problem.

> * So there is one more solution. Change TCE forms in such a way it uses
> 0 as value for initial display.

It does not prevent 0 in varchar field...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team