[TYPO3-core] RFC #8542: Cannot create page with Mysl in strict mode (STRICT_TRANS_TABLES)

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu May 29 09:46:32 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> setting group to 0 looks a bit strange to me, does $result[$field] = null;
> work for this case?

But 0 is the value that is in the DB in the normal case when no relation
is set. It's defined as DEFAULT NOT NULL. The difference is that without
strict '' will be converted to 0 by Mysql, so 0 is the correct value.

It's sloppy to try to insert an empty string into an integer field, but
that's what TYPO3 does. If you don't like the conversion here I'll try o
add a TCA default for group fields.

Masi