[TYPO3-core] RFC #8542: Cannot create page with Mysl in strict mode (STRICT_TRANS_TABLES)

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed May 28 17:23:50 CEST 2008

Hi!

This is a patch request for 4.2 and trunk.

Problem: When I want to create a page I get an Mysql error saying that
it has an invalid value for an integer field. The problem is that
"storage_pid" is when not set initially an empty string. It seems that I
get only default values in strict mode for NULL, but no type conversion
from empty string to 0 occurs.

Solution: Make the conversion in TCEmain if necessary. A possible
different solution would be to use 0 as TCA default for group fields
(internal_type "db"), but I think it is more proper to make the
conversion in TCEmain if necessary for all such occurrences.

Masi

PS: After T3DD08 if have switched to Eclipse. So far so fine. I can make
patches, but my root for the patch is my physical root on Windows
"C:\foobar" not my SVN root. The docs talsk of an option for CVS, but I
cannot find it fo SVN. Can somebody help me?