[TYPO3-core] RFC #8495: Buttons look like input-field

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed May 28 11:07:56 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
> we discussed this in HCI already. As you might notice the trend in the
> browsers go to use the native buttons and not the styled ones to give
> the user the feeling that he knows what a button is.

I was on this list not referring to what buttons browser show unstyled
(they should use OS buttons) but what web designers create in their
designs. I think there is a trend to custom buttons, so IMHO it is ok to
use custom buttons in our desdign as long as they are recognizable as
buttons.

> I think we'd rather have a nice OS-type button than this flat style that
> we have right now. You have a good idea for that?

I'll think of a button style but I'm no designer.

> I think the "Let's use native or our own style (which is kinda tricky,
> see Steffen's link)" discussion should be in the HCI list. Masi / Uschi
> -- please start a discussion in the HCI list about that (maybe with
> screenshots?). I have two +1's here already and no -1's from you guys.

It's not good to veto unless you have a real good reason or an alternative.

> But I am willing to wait a week or two to see if something fruitful will
> come up, sounds good?

Yep.

Masi