[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8503: TCA input with property checkbox can't be removed

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 26 15:35:08 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Nethertheless i ask myself about the sense of the checkbox. I really see it
> with using date, but with some restriction
>
> * checkbox implicits usage of yes/no which is not given in this case
> * checkbox delivers a 2nd default value which conflicts with the value of
> "default"
> * when i edit and click on checkbox with filled field, it clears it.
> Clicking again i would expect to bring the saved value again instead of the
> predefined
>
> Checkbox with empty value has no real sense because it only clears a field,
> clicking again is not possible.

Well, this worked like that for ages. I used it many times because it is known behavior and people already know how it works. I see no reason to change it. Let it stay compatible as it is. Don't change conventions just because you do not like them.

> So for the beginning i would suggest to allow overriding with TS, like
>
> TCEFORM.pages.nav_title.config.checkbox >

This will not work. You unset TS property, which is not set anyway. It needs different solution, something like "....checkbox.unset = 1". Special case...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team